Friday, June 13, 2014

Checking In and Update

Hi everyone!  I know it's been since the beginning of the year since I last posted here.  I've busy with birthing classes, baby showers, holidays, and family visiting.  All of my showers (between Portland, Seattle, work, and my crafting group) turned out fabulous and we're so grateful for all the stuff we've received so far.  We installed the car seats and while my in-laws were here visiting for Memorial Day weekend, we pretty much got the nursery done.  There's just a few more things I'd like to get from Target and we still need to paint our rocking chair. Otherwise, we're pretty much ready for the baby. :)


Overall, Bean is doing great and I'm doing okay.  Today, I am 36 weeks and I'm super uncomfortable.  I still have a lot of rib pain on my right side, as Bean is pushed up on that side.  But at my last ultrasound at Week 34, he is head down and doing wonderful.  Still a boy and still only having one baby, lol.  Of course they were teasing, but I was curious how often nowadays does someone come in at 34 weeks and finds out it's twins?!?  I would think it doesn't happen that often since they do ultrasounds so often now.  But my doctor says it does still happen!


We finished our birthing classes at the end of May and I only have a few more weeks of work left at my day job before I go on leave.  Since I've been so uncomfortable, I also haven't been sleeping well.  But luckily, I've been able to use that time to be productive and do stuff around the house.


I've also been nesting and cleaning.  I've already washed all of Bean's clothes and stuff so I won't have to worry about it later. I know it's a risk since I don't really know what size he'll be when he comes out...but I'd just feel better already having stuff...even if he only wears his new born sized stuff once, lol.


This pregnancy definitely has been a whirlwind for me...first with all the morning sickness and now with all the uncomfortableness and rib pain.  I'm glad to almost be done and I know Bean will be here before we know it.   I truly appreciate all of the patience, love, and support I've gotten this year during all of this.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

2 comments:

Sheena Brooks said...

Wishing you well in your final weeks of pregnancy. Won't be long now! My sister is at 39 weeks and is more than ready for baby to arrive!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I'm so happy for you both Sparkle, it's such a happy time in any family. Sending best wishes that all goes well over the coming weeks, that the birth goes as well as can be and that little Mr is here soon. xx Marcia

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs